Saturday, October 16, 2010

101 in 1001-update

So you know, I posted an entry a while ago with 101 things that I'd like to accomplish in the next 3 years. I had all intentions of posting a new blog every time I finished one, and well that didn't happen. Of course. So this entry is just going to lump all of the ones that I've done so far into one big entry. So here goes...

#11. Get rid of all the useless pictures on my computer desktop. - So for the longest time every time I'd edit a photo in photoshop it'd tell me that I couldn't save the images because there wasn't enough room. So I'd delete a few, then save some images, then delete a few. A few days ago my Dad got me an external hard drive and I started cleaning out my computer. Man I found some really strange stuff. Like school assignments from 7th grade. I didn't even have this computer then. Who knows how they got there. Anyway, now my computer is happy.

#45. Determine if I really am allergic to wheat or if it's something else weird going on with me body. - I had a blood test done, man that was not fun. I absolutely hate tests that require fasting. I got the results back and it said that I have celiac's disease. So technically I'm allergic to gluten. But that means that I can't eat anything with wheat in it.

#47. Dance when people can see me. - So I totally didn't think that I'd do this one. I hate dancing where people can see me. But last week at youth group we did a dancing game and quite honestly I was so focused on the students and being an example for them that I just danced right along with them. It was weird and yet surprisingly fun. I'm sure it'll happen again.

#50. Surprise someone with flowers. - One day my Mom had a migraine and she asked me to go to the store to get a few things that she needed for her Bible study. So I went to the grocery store and saw that there were some pretty flowers. I bought them, put them in a vase on the table. My Mom was so surprised. She didn't expect it at all. And actually there are still a few of the flowers on the table.

#66. Plan an outside party where I can decorate based on a theme and basically make it look like it came from a Martha Stewart magazine. - Ok so the whole Martha Stewart thing was a little over ambitious. But for my 21st birthday I planned a party outside, my Dad and brother set up this canopy like thing that my mom made out of sheets. I set up rugs on the patio and brought out most of my vintage furniture. And I made a lot of mismatched (on purpose) flower arrangements in various clear jars. It wasn't entirely what I had planned for it to be in my head, but oh well. It was still nice. I'm sure I'll be doing this one again.

And since a blog post needs pictures here are some from the maternity shoot that I had a couple of weeks ago. Frank and Steph go to my church and Steph is one of the worship leaders. I really enjoyed their session. They were so willing to do whatever I suggested. Especially Steph. I was a mean photographer and had her getting up and down, kinda forgetting that she's pregnant. haha Her due date is this week, but there are some things floating around Facebook saying that she's getting ready to have her baby today, but I don't know. They don't know if they're going to have a boy or a girl, so I can't wait to meet their little one hopefully in the next week. Pictures of the little one will come at the end of November. Enjoy!










2 comments:

  1. nice blog Laura...love the entry where you brought flowers home for your mom as a surprise :)
    very thoughtful
    nice photos!
    God bless,
    Penne

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I see you picked the signature I really liked and put the word "photography" on left side...looks really good :)
    Penne

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog