Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Day in Philly

I've been a horrible blogger lately. I knew I would be. Sorry about that. My last post was about the Pick-a-Pocket group, and this one will be too. So if you didn't read the last post read that one first then come back to this one.

On Monday (Memorial Day) the PIck-a-Pocket group had a day off from their tour and they invited me to come to Philly with them. We all decided that going to the Magic Gardens was a must. Since I was the one who had been to Philly the most (even though the most was only 3 times) I got to drive. Yea it was kinda scary. Not so much the getting there part, but the leaving part was practically a nightmare. It's a good thing that my aunt lived in Philly for a long time and knew all of the streets and what they look like and where they go. I had to call her on speakerphone and describe exactly where we were each time we saw a street sign so that she could tell us where to go. Yes, I had a GPS, but it's stupid. Really stupid. It doesn't tell you the street name of where you're turning, nor does it let you pick which way you want to go. I wanted to get on to 95 and it was having nothing to do with that. Anywho, next time I go to Philly I will not do a driving tour without having a clue as to where we are going. And for the record, the Liberty Bell is not in a place that you can see from the street. I'm pretty sure that I knew that, but the rest of the group was not so convinced until we drove around in circle like 3 times and didn't see it.

We pretty much stayed on South Street the whole time we were there. Most of the time was spent in the Magic Gardens because we met the son of the artist that created it and we talked to him for probably an hour about the whole place. He was a really nice man and had an interesting outlook on life. We met the artist for a brief second as well, but he wasn't nearly as talkative as the son. After that we walked up to a place to get cheesesteaks. Not Pat's or Geno's though because it was blazing hot out and we just wanted to eat and get out of the heat. I didn't get a cheesesteak though because well a cheesesteak just isn't a cheesesteak without the bread. I waited to eat until we went to Whole Foods, which was a much better option if you ask me.

I had so much fun with these guys. I can't say that I've ever felt this comfortable being with a group, let alone traveling with a group. I miss them like crazy because they're in Nashville now. They want me to come join them in Nashville. If you happen to be reading this and you are in Nashville, go check them out. They'll be on tour playing music and showing their art at various locations through out the area. And I'm still debating on whether or not to do the school that they're apart of in Germany. It's probably one of the biggest decisions I've ever had to make in my life.

And now it's time for some pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog