Friday, May 28, 2010

Pick-a-Pocket

Wow so I've been meaning to blog for the last week or so. Man, I knew this was going to happen. I've actually been busy doing stuff. So one of my photography goals came true this week. I met one of my flickr friends, Stephanie Eartherly, along with the whole group that she's a part of called Pick-a-Pocket. To put it simply, they're a group of artists, musicians, and photographers that love God and have decided to do whatever it takes to end extreme poverty. A while back Stephanie announced on her flickr that they were going to do a tour in the US and were looking for places in Philly, New York, etc. I emailed her and said that my church was like an hour and half away from Philly and gave her the youth pastor's email. She emailed him and started planning our event. This Tuesday they arrived at church to do youth group for us. We played a game called "Dumpster Diving" that helped the students relate to what it's like for the kids that have to live in Garbage City in Ethiopia. They talked about how they help people in places like Africa and India, and showed some of their artwork. I immediately fell in love with their artwork and this group of people. It's been a long time, if ever, that I've felt so comfortable and accepted in a group of a people. Various people in the church that know me were joking that "my people found me". haha. But really, I couldn't have said it better myself. They want me to come join their program which is a Discipleship Training School by YWAM calledMarriage of the Arts. I'm seriously considering and seriously not considering it at the same time. It's a terrifying thought to live in Germany and then a place like Africa or India. I really don't know.
If you live in the Lehigh Valley Area and want to get to know this group come check them out at this Coffee House in Bangor, PA. It'll be awesome! I hope to see you there.
Here are some pictures from the last two days:



I took this photo from the Pick-a-Pockt flickr, but if you want to get all technical I took this picture, just not on my camera. So I guess that's okay. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog