Wednesday, January 2, 2008

AHHH!

Ok so today's new thing was a lot less enjoyable than yesterday's. Today I decided to sit and listen to an entire screamo song (I'm still wondering why). So I had my brother pick one out for me. It was Demon Hunter "Undying". I watched the music video and it was kind of an interesting video. These guys kinda growl the verses and then sing the chorus. I don't understand why they don't just sing all the time because their voices are amazing, and their lyrics are pretty good (yes I had to look them up and read them to understand it). So I decided that that song wasn't exactly screamo enough, so I search Underoath "In Regards to Myself". Yea I was scared. Their music video was so creepy, it almost looked like a horror movie, and these guys are Christian. I don't understand that at all. I looked up their lyrics too because I like to have some idea of what I'm listening to. Surprisingly their lyrics were very good and even positive, so I don't get why the music video and the way it sounded was just so dark. I can now say, with out a doubt, I do not like screamo/metal music. So I guess I can appreciate what these two bands are doing because they're both in the mainstream of music and it's the style that a lot of people enjoy (it just gave me a headache and made my stomach turn), but their lyrics can be pretty encouraging to teens who really have no hope. Of course if they never open the cd jacket or look the lyrics up they probably will never know the difference. Now I think I'm going to go listen to some music that I can actually sing along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog