Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kim | Catasaqua High School Class of 2013

Meet Kim. She's a smart, fun, and outgoing senior from Catasaqua High School. She loves reading and watching competition shows, like The Voice (that happens to be one of my new favorites as well). Kim loves the look of cities and classic outfits. I love her style and the ideas that she had for her session. We don't exactly live in an area that has nice cities, but surprisingly we were able to find just the right look in downtown Easton. She also wanted to bring her dog along for portraits. I just love how almost every girl I've been working with has been bringing her dog along. Dogs really are a girl's best friend. I love meeting girls who are just as in love with their dogs as I am with mine.

When we met, I asked Kim if there was a scene in a movie that really stuck out to her that she loved and fit her style. She described a scene from the movie "A Cinderella Story" with Hillary Duff, where Hillary is standing in a gazebo at night with strings of lights and candles all over. I knew exactly which scene she was describing and I just knew that I had to create a scene like this for Kim for her photos. So luckily I was able to use my friend Annie's backyard and I spent a whole afternoon wrapping lights all around a tree in her yard. I had no idea what was going to come of these shots, since I've never really shot anything like that before, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I loved the challenge to create something so different from the average senior portraits.

kimberly_019

kimberly_001

kimberly_002

kimberly_003

kimberly_004

kimberly_005

kimberly_006

kimberly_007

kimberly_008

Kim also brought along her family for a few shots as well. They were a very entertaining family.
kimberly_009

kimberly_011

kimberly_013

kimberly_010

kimberly_012

kimberly_014

kimberly_018

kimberly_016

kimberly_017

kimberly_015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog