Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Adventures with Kasey

Searching for a new church is tough.  It's certainly nothing that I want to do again for a long time. After about oh maybe 4 or 5 months of searching, I'm happy to say that I've found my new church home. Hopesprings Community of Faith in Bangor is awesome. If you're looking for a new church home, check them out. I'm sure you'll like them. And you're probably wondering what on earth this has to do with the title, well Kasey is a part of my new church family. We met when our life group went bowling a few weeks ago, and guess what, he's a photographer too. It's a small world. And what do photographers do for fun? Well they wander around the woods taking pictures of each other of course. We spent a couple of hours playing with the super cool Lensbaby, and some freelensing too. And there was a lot of me awkwardly posing in front of the camera. Behind the camera I'm fine. In front of the camera, I'm a terrible mess. It's like my brain completely forgets every single pose that I so often show people how to do. Kasey on the other hand has no problem being in front of the camera.

So when I was heading out to get to the location, Kasey calls me and tells me that he's going to be running a little late because he wanted to stop at the thrift store to see if he could find something fun. These shoes are what he found. I think they classify as fun.
kasey_001

That jacket was also a thrift store find. It's not so fun. In fact it's quite stupid looking. haha Kasey, I think that needs to go right back to the thrift store where it belongs. Oh and the glasses, they're fake. Yet oh so awesome.
kasey_002

kasey_003

kasey_004

kasey_005

kasey_006

kasey_007

kasey_008

kasey_009

Freelensing is awesome! I loved that I got the chance to really work on it and get it right. It's not something that you really get to practice too much, especially during a wedding. It takes way too much time. The next few photos are all freelensing.
kasey_010

Ooo rainbowy!!! :)
kasey_011

kasey_012

kasey_013

kasey_014

kasey_015

Now for some lensbaby fun. I think I need to get one of these.
kasey_016

kasey_017

kasey_018

You'll probably be seeing more of this guy on the blog in the near future because photo adventures are fun. Oh and I took some photos of him on film with the rolleiflex camera and once I figure out how to scan them into my computer, there will be a part 2 to this post.

On a totally unrelated note, if you're a high school girl and you're reading this, make sure that you keep checking the blog in the next couple of days because there's something exciting coming your way and you're not going to want to miss this. Make sure you head on over to my facebook page and "like" it so that you stay up to date with what's going on. There are also a few polls on the page that I'd love your input on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog