Friday, November 25, 2011

thanksgiving

We're rebels. There was no turkey in sight at this thanksgiving dinner. Nor were there any other traditional thanksgiving foods, well except for pumpkin pie because well it's pumpkin pie and it's amazing, duh. This post is for all of those out there who think I don't eat. This is photographic proof, that yes indeed I do eat normal food. That's what you get for having a gluten allergy and corn intolerance. There's not too much food that's portable, nor is there much I can eat at a restaurant. But when my family gets together, they know how to cook to avoid my allergies and yet no one can tell the difference. Of course it helps to have a family of wonderful cooks.

I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There are hardly any commercials about it. There's no Thanksgiving music, thank goodness. And there's no pressure of gifts. Just family and really good food.

thanksgiving_001

thanksgiving_002

thanksgiving_003

thanksgiving_004

thanksgiving_005

thanksgiving_010

thanksgiving_006

We had beef. The best beef I've ever eaten. I seriously wish that there were scratch and sniff photos right about now.
thanksgiving_007

thanksgiving_008

thanksgiving_009

thanksgiving_011

thanksgiving_012

thanksgiving_013

thanksgiving_014

thanksgiving_015

I like what everyone does with their hands when they're done eating.
thanksgiving_016

thanksgiving_017

Hooray for the best homemade gluten free cookies ever!
thanksgiving_018

Every year my grandma makes cinnamon rolls with pie crust, and I seriously crave those things all the time. Last year we tried to make some gluten free and they looked terrible, but they still tasted good. This year we found a mix. They're obviously not as good at the originals but they're good enough. Grandma's are on the left, and the gluten free ones are on the right.
thanksgiving_019

thanksgiving_020

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Did you break any traditions? What was your favorite food of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog