Friday, August 13, 2010

Follow Friday | Promise Tangeman

Location: Phoenix, AZ
Speciality: ridiculous creativity
Website: http://www.promisetangeman.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/promisetangeman
Current favorite blog post: The Wells: A Naturally Inspiring Family

Promise is a creative extraordinaire. She's a graphic designer, photographer, thrift store hunter, and crafty genius. And she's equally good at each and every one of those things. I've gotten so many ideas from her. Actually, most creative things that I've done lately have been in some way inspired by her. The other day she had a DIY post about fashion scarves. So I braided three of my scarves together and it was oh so simple, but really I probably won't have thought of that on my own. I've also made these CD packageswhen I created personalized music mixes for graduation presents and also as packaging for photo CDs for my clients. I absolutely loved these necklaces so I dug through some old toys and found a little plastic rhino and attached it with a bow to a beaded necklace. It's unexpectedly one of my favorite accessories. And the idea that influenced me most were these newspaper flowers. After seeing these I decided to make some, but instead of making them into a bouquet I decided to put them on headbands with feathers and buttons. I made a bunch and brought them to a local store to sell them, and I've made a few custom ones since, and they're all gone, guess that means I should make some more. So if you're ever running low on inspiration, head on over to Promise's blog. No matter what kind of creative person you are, I'm sure you'll find something to get the creative juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog