Friday, July 30, 2010

Follow Friday | Taylor Pool

Name: Taylor Pool
Location: currently... Herrnhut, Germany (this changes frequently)
Specialty: emotion filled photos
Website: http://www.piratepool.com/
Favorite set of photos: Portraits-II

I met Taylor back in May. He's a part of this awesome ministry called Pick-a-Pocket. They're a group of artists, musicians, and photographers that use their talents and their love for Jesus to help people out of extreme poverty. Taylor is one of the photographers. His photography amazes me. I can't believe the detail and emotion that he captures. And what amazes me even more is that he uses film, and only film. Any of the black and white photos, he develops them himself. You don't see that very often anymore. He gave me such an interest in film photos, especially ones taken with a Rolleiflex camera. He was one of the ones who taught me how to use my Rolleiflex. His heart for people amazes me even more than his photography. He travels around the world ministering to some of the poorest people in the world. And he uses is his photography to touch their lives and to share with the rest of the world how beautiful people are. He could have been a wedding photographer, or a band photographer (one of his photos was published in a recent Relevant magazine), but he chose to use his gift for people that might never experience what it's like to have their picture taken. I'll end with this quote that he wrote on his website:

"Photography not only captures the beauty in others, but it is a tool to plant a seed of freedom, hope and healing to the subject who is in front of the camera. When I see through the viewfinder of my camera, I am able to see not only the physical subject in front of me, but I am able to capture a glimpse of their heart, soul, pain and beauty. That is what inspires me to love others and minister to them through this art. Knowing in full confidence that they have felt love, self worth and value in this act."

Taylor, you are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog