Monday, January 18, 2010

God's Beauty

So today I was just thinking and looking at pictures and all of a sudden it just hit me how beautiful God must be. We were created "in His image" which means that we were created with His qualities. Everyone is so different and there are so many different traits and qualities in each person, and every single one of those is in God. You know that person who has the most gorgeous eyes; God has those eyes. You know that person with the most contagious laughter; God has that laugh. You know that person who is always loving others; God has that love. Every good quality that we find in people, is in God, except in the purest and most perfect form. It's mind blowing when you really think about it. I'm amazed at the beauty of just one person, and to think that God created every single person, and has all of that beauty Himself. It's no wonder why people couldn't look at God with out dying. Or if they were able to see God they would just glow for days. I can't wait till the day when I get to see Him face to face and just look at all of His beauty forever and ever.

"12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[b]dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."
-Revelation 1:12-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog