Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm So Bad at Titles

Yesterday was the start of my second semester as a college student. Yippy skippy (sarcasm intended). My classes are philosophy, intro to statistics, music theory 1 (aka music for dummies), and painting. I've only had one session of each class I can't really make an accurate judgment of any of them, other than I know I'm ridiculously ahead in music theory. "Everyone, this is how you draw a whole note. This one is too big, this one is too small, this one is just right." Yea that seriously what the book said. Painting should be fun. It wasn't today but that's because it's a three hour class and we didn't have supplies or anything so the teacher just talked the whole time. Surprisingly, I think math should be fairly easy for now, since I actually remember doing some of the stuff. And philosophy, well let just say I'm glad that I'm having regular meetings with my pastor.

My new thing for today was that I think I had a real "quiet time" with God. I honestly don't think I've ever done that before. I spent a little time praying, then I started reading Ephesians because that's what my pastor told me to start with. Then I did my Bible study book that I'm working on with the Jr. High girls. Then I just kept reading more and more in my Bible, and I was actually enjoying it. I was underlining things and actually understanding what I was reading. It was a really great feeling. I actually felt like I could sit and do that all day. Then I read some stuff from a book by David Crowder called "Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi". It's a book that looks at the Psalms and how to make praising, well, a habit. I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy deep though with quirky analogies and witty humor.

I think that tomorrow I need to do something new that's totally random and strange. All of my new things for awhile have been a little too serious or not very planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog