Saturday, October 4, 2008

Faith Like Child

Lately, I've been realizing how childlike I am. Which by the way is far from being childish.  I often times find myself skipping or dancing around, giggling, and just being plain happy. It's such a freeing feeling. I feel like I'm being the girl that God created me to be. I actually feel closer to God when I'm like this. I think that this realization has come out of having classes that want you to analyze things and think deeply about questions about life and God. I get so frustrated because that's just not the way I think. For the first few weeks I tired really hard to understand the things in class. Then I realized that I'm perfectly okay not knowing the answers to everything. I know that God is in control. He knows all of the answers and He will reveal them to me if He chooses. I think that this is what Jesus meant when He said we were to come to Him with the faith of a child. Of course, I do know that there are ways to analyze things and it can even be helpful in some situations, and I'm not putting anyone down who does think like this. I actually wish that I was a little better at thinking like that. I just don't think it's entirely necessary for everything. I've realized that it actually feels good to think of things simply. Sometimes, I see the obvious answers that a lot of people miss because they're thinking too hard about something. Coming to these realizations, I feel like I can finally breathe and be myself. 

Breathe by Anberlin

"This is surrender. To a life torn war I've lived. Scars and stripes forever. In need of change that I can't resist. No need to hide anything anymore. Can't return home who I was before. I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. World feels revived. This long of a struggle finally opened up my eyes. Revolutions not easy. With a civil war on the inside. No need to hide anymore. Can't return home who I was before. I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. World feels revived."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog