Sunday, September 28, 2008

Alone

Have you ever been completely surrounded by people, yet you feel totally alone? It feels like that's the story of my life. Sure, I hang out with people from time to time, but it never seems to satisfy my craving for a deep relationship. I know that those relationships take work, but sometimes I just wish that I'd click with someone and there would just be this understanding. Lately, I've been wondering if that'll ever happen. I'm becoming way to comfortable with myself, to the point where being with people feels strange. That's not good. Now that I've been at school for over a month, I'm not entirely sure that I really fit here. I don't really think that I fit with the other youth ministry majors. They're all crazy, game-loving, outgoing people. And then there's me, the quiet artist. Yet, I still have a passion and feel a calling on my life to minister to teens. I just have no clue how to go about that. Maybe I'm going through this so that I can better minister to the teens that no one pays attention to because they're quiet and not into the crazy youth group games. I know that God has a reason for everything, but I'm just so tired of being lonely all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog